Inane Ramblings

27 May 2005

What Republicans have made me

This wondrous letter comes to us courtesy of the "Letters to the Editor" page of today's Boston Globe (05/27/05):

AS I WAS reading Jeff Jacoby's column ''My best wishes" (op ed, May 22) I could relate to what he was saying.

For not supporting a war based on lies (WMD, Al Qaeda ties) I have been called ''anti-American," ''against our troops," and a ''coward."

For not supporting a total ban on abortion, I have been labled a ''baby murderer."

For believing that homosexuals should have access to all the rights afforded to heterosexuals I have been called a ''limp-wristed liberal."

And last but not least, for not supporting giving the Republicans carte blanche to appoint any far-right extremist to lifetime judgeships, I have been called ''anti-Christian" and compared to Adolf Hitler.

Jeff, I feel your pain.

STEPHEN M.
Medford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home