Inane Ramblings

20 February 2009

Why didn't I see this coming?

Curious thing about hindsight...


I'd say it began roughly 2-3 months ago. The boss lady started asking me questions about what I did that wasn't documented, and was interested in making sure that I had written up instructions for a lot of things. Fairly routine; there's a lot of new stuff that we always do and never quite seem to document it.

Then she started asking questions about my contacts. Wanted to make sure I had a good, direct contact with each of my receivers, and that it was properly noted on the receiver instructions. Again, all good and proper that she would do this; we're a production shop, after all...and if I'm out sick, the work still needs to get done and it's good to list who we need to talk to in case something goes wrong.

About a month ago now, she wanted to know all my email contacts; did I receive any direct communication from my payors, and if I did, these should all be re-routed to the team email address so everyone could have access to it.

But looking back now, what strikes me as unusual is she asked me all these things privately, in our weekly meetings, always prefacing it with "I've asked everyone on the team to do this."

Really?

If this was such a "team initiative", then why wasn't this brought up in a group setting so everyone knew about it?

They were just looking for an excuse; this was planned some time ago and just needed a flimsy premise to put me out the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home