Inane Ramblings

09 June 2010

One day's commute

So, if I roadkill a dude because I have the green light, and he assumes he has the right-of-way and steps off the curb without looking, is it still my fault?

Not once, but twice on the way home last night. The one that got me though, is the guy that stopped in the crosswalk and glared at me. I yelled at him, “Hey buddy, I have the green light” “So fuckin’ what?” was his reply.

I should have hit him.

When I was a bicycle commuter, it really used to piss me off when I would stop at a light to wait, and cars coming the other way would slam on their brakes and wave me across. Nice gesture, but I usually angrily pointed at the signal and ignored them. We sure live in a strange driving city.

Of course, there’s the roads, too. On the way into Southie this morning, I encountered a wildly-weaving pickup truck on Soldier’s Field Road. Of course, he gained a whopping 4 or 5 carlengths….I was keeping pace with him all the way to Kenmore, then I finally caught up and passed him on the stretch before the tunnel. All that craziness bought you what, exactly?

Speaking of crazy….I was exiting at Arlington street, but the mainline had to slow down. Some crazy college kid was riding a Vespa as fast as it would go in the center lane…but it wasn’t fast enough as SUVs were swerving around him in an attempt not to make ground meat.

Good luck with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home